Main Event Fun Card Terms & Conditions
A Main Event Fun Card and a Main Event Game Card (collectively referred to herein as a “Fun Card”) is a stored value card with a magnetic strip that allows you to play games at all Main Event Entertainment locations in the United States (“Participating Location(s)”). These terms and conditions (the “Terms & Conditions”) govern all Fun Cards and their use. The Fun Card, including all administration related thereto, is provided by Main Event Entertainment, Inc. or its affiliates, parents, or subsidiary companies (collectively “Main Event” "we," "us," "our," "ours"). By purchasing, recharging, or using a Fun Card, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms & Conditions, and your use shall be subject to these Terms & Conditions, as they may be amended from time to time, without further notice to you.
1. A Fun Card can be loaded with credits which, depending on the price of the game, can activate games (including photo booth, virtual reality games and mini golf, if available), entitlements (credits specifically designated for a single game/activity or a grouping of games/activities) in a Participating Location. Each game, excluding bowling, laser tag, gravity ropes, Virtual Reality, billiards, shuffleboard, rock climbing, Bocce Ball and any other game elected by us to operate by any other system (as will be noted thereupon), located at Participating Locations requires a specified number of credits to play (“Game(s)”). The credit price to play a Game is displayed on each Game in the display window at the Fun Card swipe and vary in value. With each Fun Card swipe and Game play, credits are deducted from the total balance of credits and the remaining balance of that credit type is shown on the display.
2. The Fun Cards may not be used for food and beverage purchases, purchase of gift cards, group events or birthday parties. Fun Cards issued prior to August 21, 2019 (identified by the first four digits other than 0700) are governed by the terms and conditions set forth at mainevent.com/page/Fun Card-terms which may be different than these Main Event Fun Card Terms and Conditions.
3. You may use your Fun Card at a machine to purchase credits to activate coin-operated games that do not accept your Fun Card.
4. The credits you purchase do not expire, are not subject to a maintenance fee and are stored on your Fun Card. The points you win (other than points issued in connection with a special promotional offer that may have an expiration date (“Promotional Points”) do not expire. The Fun Card can be used at any Participating Location.
5. You may combine credit balances from any number of Fun Cards onto other Fun Cards. The Fun Cards used to transfer credits to another Fun Card will contain a zero balance after the transfer but will remain active to allow for additional recharges with no additional fee.
6. Main Event is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged Fun Cards containing credits or points.
7. Any resale or other transfer of a Fun Card for consideration will render the Fun Card and associated credit and/or point balances void and subject to cancellation.
8. Your Fun Card is non-refundable and will not, under any circumstances, be redeemed for cash, except where required by law.
9. Unless otherwise allowed under applicable law (and noted at the point of purchase), all sales and use tax is included in your Fun Card purchase.
10. Main Event reserves the right not to accept a Fun Card or otherwise limit use of the Fun Card if it believes the use is unauthorized, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful or violates these Terms & Conditions.
11. You will not be sent statements of itemized transactions involving your Fun Card.
12. A list of games and the number of credits required to play a game is available at each location. The prices of Games are subject to change at any time by Main Event.
The credits on a Fun Card are used to play Games at Participating Locations. There are different types of credits:
1. Regular Credits – Regular Credits are credits that you purchase. You may use Regular Credits to play any Game at Participating Locations.
2. Promotional Credits – Promotional Credits are added to the regular credit balance at designated times for promotional purposes. These credits are only active during the designated promotional period. These credits will be deducted from your Fun Card credit balance before all other credits during the promotional period. All unused Promotional Credits expire and are removed from your Fun Card at the end of the promotional period.
Time Play – Time Play Fun Cards are sold in increments of minutes or hours. Time Play Fun Cards activate Games, but the games so activated do not award Points and are not valid on instant-prize games, crane games, photo booths or virtual reality.
Notwithstanding the discussion of credits set forth above, the order of use of the credits is determined solely by Main Event and the customer has no ability to control the type of credit used for any particular game.
Purchase and Balances
1. You can purchase a Fun Card with a credit card, Main Event gift card or cash from authorized Main Event employees, including but not limited to Servers, Bartenders, Managers and Bowl Desk employees (collectively, “Authorized Employee(s)”) or from a kiosk at Participating Locations.
2. Where allowed by law, a one-time activation fee may be charged (in addition to the desired amount of your Fun Card purchase) to purchase the Fun Card. Activation fees vary by location. A Fun Card with an activation fee required will receive credits to compensate for the activation fee (denomination is dependent on the activation fee). See an Authorized Employee or go to a kiosk for details. The Fun Card can be recharged for no additional activation fee.
3. Fun Cards can be recharged by an Authorized Employee at any Participating Location and any Participating Locations’ kiosk in the denominations posted. To recharge in an amount not available at a kiosk, please see an Authorized Employee at a Participating Location.
4. You may check Fun Card credit balances by going to an Authorized Employee, kiosks throughout Participating Locations, or at www.mainevent.com/fun-cards/.
5. When the display window at the Game reads “No Funds in Your Account” the Game costs more credits than remain on your Fun Card; however, you may have enough credits to play another Game that requires fewer credits to play. Therefore, you should check your Fun Card balance and go to the Bowl Desk to determine which Game you can play for the amount of credits that remain on your Fun Card. If you do not have enough credits on your Fun Card to play any Game, you can recharge your Fun Card, transfer the remaining balance to another Fun Card, or play a last game (“Last Hurrah”). More information on Last Hurrah is set forth below.
The cost to play a Game at Main Event may require the use of credits that leave you with a balance less than the required credits to play any Game. However, when you have a credit balance less than the required credits to play any Game, you will still be able to use all of your credits by exchanging your balance of credits to play a Game at the location (your “Last Hurrah”). One Last Game varies by location. After your Last Hurrah, your Fun Card will have a zero balance but may still be recharged with no additional fee.
1. Electronic points (“Point(s)”) are added to your Fun Card from playing certain Games.
2. If you win Points, you may redeem those Points for merchandise in the Winner’s Choice or you may retain the Points on your Fun Card for later use.
3. Upon selecting a Winner’s Choice item, the required number of Points is deducted from your Points balance.
4. Based on pricing and availability of merchandise in the Winner’s Choice at Participating Locations, you may not have enough Points to redeem for any item
5. Points balances can be checked on the Participating Locations’ kiosks, or with any Authorized Employee at a Participating Location.
6. Points do not have a cash value and may not be refunded or exchanged.
7. Points never expire, have no maintenance fee and can be used at any Participating Location.
Prior Generation Fun Cards
If your Fun Card number does not begin with “0700”, then you have a prior generation Fun Card. This Fun Card can be used like cash for all activities, as well as food & beverages. These Prior Generation Fun Cards may not be redeemed for cash or used as payment towards a group event; nor may they be reloaded. You may, by bringing your prior generation Fun Card to the bowl desk or any manager, exchange the prior generation Fun Card for a current Fun Card which shall (i) convert your cash balance to Credits for game play and (ii) transfer your Points, both of which shall be in accordance with the these Fun Card Terms and Conditions.
1. Points will be awarded to you for successful play of properly functioning redemption Games.
2. If a Game malfunctions during play, you will be allowed one free play of the same game, or if the game has a persistent malfunction that cannot be corrected, a comparable game. No Points will be awarded for the Game play during which the malfunction occurs.
3. If a redemption Game fails to award the appropriate amount of Points, as determined by Main Event, in its sole discretion, the proper number of Points will be awarded/added to the Fun Card used to activate the game.
4. If a redemption Game awards excess Points due to a malfunction, Main Event may deduct the excess Points from the Fun Card to which they were awarded.
Fraud, Misuse and Abuse
Main Event may suspend, cancel or make any adjustments to Credit and Point balances in the event of any fraud, misuse or abuse; as determined by Main Event in its sole discretion.
Main Event may suspend or terminate your Fun Card and revoke or limit any or all of the rights and privileges granted to you at any time without notice, liability, reimbursement or compensation.
Termination may result from your fraudulent or unauthorized use of the Fun Card or violation of these Terms & Conditions. If we terminate your card with cause, all credits and points will be voided and may not be used. You will receive no compensation from us for voided credits or points. If we terminate your Fun Card without cause, we will refund or issue store credits equal to the balance of credits purchased or Points held in your Fun Card account less any amounts that you may owe Main Event.
Billing Errors and Corrections
We reserve the right to correct the balance of your Fun Card if we believe that an error has occurred. If you have questions regarding your transaction history, or if you dispute any transaction or correction that has been assessed against your Fun Card, please contact the nearest Participating Location. We will conduct an investigation and communicate the results and correct any error that we verify as soon as we finish the investigation. If no error was found, we will communicate an explanation. We shall have no liability for any billing error unless you provide us notice within 60 days of the date of the transaction in question. You should monitor your transactions and account balances closely.
Choice of Law
These Terms & Conditions and your use of a Fun Card shall be governord by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida notwithstanding any conflict of law rules.
Arbitration Rights/Waiver of Rights
Any dispute or claim made by you against us (or against any of our subsidiary, parent or affiliate companies) arising out of or relating to these Terms & Conditions or your use of your Fun Card (whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory) will be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under the AAA Commercial Rules and Consumer Related Supplementary Procedures (except that Rule C-4 related to the appointment of an arbitrator will not apply and the arbitrator will be chosen under Rule R-11) before one (1) neutral arbitrator licensed to practice law for at least twenty (20) years at the AAA offices nearest the location where you purchased your Fun Card, except that (a) you may take claims to small claims court if they qualify for hearing by such a court, or (b) you or we may choose to pursue claims in court if the claims relate solely to the collection of any debts you owe to us. However, all claims (including those claims that are subject to arbitration and those claims that can be prosecuted in a court of law and regardless of whether the claim is brought in an arbitration or in a court of law) must be brought on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding, and you hereby waive any claims for punitive damages and any right to pursue claims on a class or representative basis.